Help for Sexual Assault Survivors
Get Help After Sexual Assault
If you’ve been sexually assaulted, it’s completely normal to be scared and question what happened. But getting help right away is the best way to become a survivor instead of a survivor. This wasn’t your fault.
If you have been sexually assaulted, start here:
- Call law enforcement immediately. Police will begin investigating and will bring you to get a medical exam.
- Go to your nearest emergency room within 72 hours. Your local hospital can also get a criminal case started and ensure that as much evidence as possible is collected to help identify and prosecute your attacker.
- Avoid taking a shower, douching, eating, or changing your clothes before you get to the hospital. Bring an extra change of clothes in case your outfit contains critical evidence.
- In San Diego County, call the Center for Community Solutions at (888) 385-4657. The center is staffed 24 hours a day with advocates who can help you sort through your feelings and identify what you should do.
- Contact sexual assault attorney Jessica Pride at (619) 516-8166. Jessica represents survivors of sexual assault throughout California and is available to act as co-counsel for survivors out-of-state. Regardless of where you live, call us with any of your questions or even if you want someone to talk to about what has happened. Jessica provides free legal counsel and holds all information in the strictest of confidence.
You Have Options
Even if you’re not sure if you want to prosecute, you can have a limited forensic medical exam. The Center for Community Solutions can tell you where this can be done for free.
Even if you have begun a criminal case, Jessica can help you get justice simultaneously through a civil case. Jessica will stand up to your attacker and give you the strength you need to get through this. We recognize this may be one of the most difficult decisions you ever make, but we’re confident we can help you get your sense of power back.
Contact us by calling (619) 516-8166 to speak with Jessica today.
Reach Out to Us
If you have been a victim of sexual assault, child sexual abuse, or workplace sexual harassment we are here to answer your questions, provide a free and confidential case evaluation, and connect you to resources.
By contacting us, you consent to receive marketing communications and other advertisements from Pride Law Firm.
The Pride Law Firm
2831 Camino Del Rio S., Suite 104
San Diego, CA 92108
Hours. M-F 8:30am - 5:00pm PST
Phone. (619) 516-8166
Fax. (619) 785-3414