Resources for Sexual Assault Survivors
Emergency Hotlines & Support
Below are links to a number of resources to assist sexual assault victims. Also included are organizations and websites that aim to educate men and women to prevent sexual assaults from happening in the first place. If you are unsure if you should seek help after a possible sexual assault, you should also see our page here.
Resources for Sexual Assault Survivors in San Diego
- Center For Community Solutions | 888.385.4657
The only San Diego rape crisis center, where Jessica Pride has served as President of the Board of Directors since 2018. CCS offers emergency shelter, legal and counseling services as well as information on education and prevention.
- Chadwick Center for Children & Families at Rady Children’s Hospital | 858.576.1700
One of the nation’s largest child advocacy and trauma treatment centers based in a hospital. It offers treatment for abused and traumatized children and women impacted by domestic violence.
- Child Abuse Hotline | 858.560.2191 or 800.344.6000
24 hour hotline devoted to ordering an immediate assessment when there is a concern of potential child abuse, including sexual abuse.
- Free STD Testing in San Diego | STDTesting.org
- North County Lifeline | 760.726.4900
Supports survivors in their transition out of human trafficking to help them heal and become independent.
- San Diego Domestic Violence Council | 800.799.SAFE (7233)
Non-profit network of organizations who work to collectively improve prevention, early intervention and response practices to domestic violence.
- Find a San Diego Trauma Therapist | Directory
PsychologyToday’s listing for therapists in San Diego county who treat survivors of sexual assault and abuse.
- San Diego County District Attorney | 619.531.3517
A wide range of free services for survivors of various crimes, including temporary restraining orders, crisis intervention and court support.
- San Diego Police Department | 619.531.2000 or 858.484.3154 (non-emergency)
Report a sexual assault, 24/7. If you have an emergency, please dial 911.
- YWCA of San Diego | 619.234.3164
Helps women, children, and families escaping domestic violence and homelessness overcome trauma, rebuild their lives, and achieve self-sufficiency. 24 hour hotline.
- Women’s Resource Center in Oceanside | 760.757.3500
Dedicated to providing the highest quality supportive services, counseling, shelter and education. 24 hour hotline.
San Diego Campus Sexual Assault Resources
- UC San Diego Campus Assault Resources and Education (CARE) | 858.534.5793
UC San Diego’s free, confidential services to help students, staff and faculty impacted by relationship violence, sexual assault and stalking.
- SDSU Counseling & Psychological Services | 619.594.5220
San Diego State University therapists meet with students dealing with rape, sexual harassment and assault for free to help them understand their support options.
- USD Campus Assault Resources and Education (CARE) | 619.260.2396
University of San Diego’s resource to help anyone, student or not, report sexual violence and receive free support.
California Resources for Sexual Assault Survivors
- California Survivor Compensation Board
A resource page spanning various types of abuse with separate links for each, including LGBTQIA, mental health and crisis counseling services for survivors in California.
- California Coalition Against Sexual Assault | 916.446.2520
CALCASA is a membership association of rape crisis centers that advocates for policy and the needs of sexual assault survivors in California.
- LA Rape and Battering Hotline | 626.793.3385
Peace Over Violence is a relationship violence prevention center headquartered in Los Angeles that is committed to social service, change and justice.
- San Francisco Rape Crisis Centers | 415.647.7273
24/7 hotline for both men and women with trained counselors standing by to offer support for survivors of rape and sexual assault, including same sex violence.
- Women in Film | 855.943.5463
Specifically for those in the entertainment industry who have experienced sexual harassment or misconduct to receive confidential support and pro bono legal help.
- Know Your Rights: Guidelines and Resources for Sexual Harassment Survivors
An 8-page PDF of easy to scan frequently asked questions regarding the rights of Californians and reporting sexual harassment in the workplace.
- Survivor’s Bill of Rights / Marsy’s Law
This page by the State of California Department of Justice outlines the rights of sexual assault survivors as outlined under Marsy’s Law.
Male Sexual Assault Survivor Resources
- 1 in 6 | 800.656.HOPE (4673)
A free, anonymous helpline and live chat service specifically for men who’ve experienced sexual assault or abuse with trained advocates available 24/7.
- Male Survivor | Contact Page
A non-profit organization dedicated to the healing and support of male sexual assault survivors.
- About Male Sexual Assault
A personal safety app that allows you to create a safety network to alert close friends or family members if you are in a potentially unsafe situation.
- Circle of 6
This app sends a predetermined text message to six friends of your choosing with your exact location if you are in an uncomfortable or dangerous situation.
VINE stands for Victim Information and Notification Everyday and it provides victims of crime or concerned individuals status updates on offenders.
More Support for Sexual Assault Survivors
- Department of Defense Safe Helpline
- Department of Justice Office of Violence Against Women
- Love is Respect | Healthy relationship information
- Men Can Stop Rape | Healthy Masculinity Training Institute
- National Center on Domestic and Sexual Violence
- National Center for Victims of Crime
- National Domestic Violence Hotline | 800.799.7233
- National Sex Offender Registry
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline
- Pandora’s Project | Online forum for support groups and chat rooms to offer encouragement
- Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN)
“The core experiences of psychological trauma are disempowerment and disconnection. Recovery, therefore, is based upon the empowerment of the survivor and the creation of new connections.” – Judith Herman
Reach Out to Us
If you have been a victim of sexual assault, child sexual abuse, or workplace sexual harassment we are here to answer your questions, provide a free and confidential case evaluation, and connect you to resources.
By contacting us, you consent to receive marketing communications and other advertisements from Pride Law Firm.
The Pride Law Firm
2831 Camino Del Rio S., Suite 104
San Diego, CA 92108
Hours. M-F 8:30am - 5:00pm PST
Phone. (619) 516-8166
Fax. (619) 785-3414